Please refer to this page for information and advice relating to the outbreak of COVID-19.
This will be regularly updated with news, guidance, and resources as the situation progresses.
Please see the section ‘How to enable these services’ for information on further resources to support implementation of additional functionality.
Business continuity access to SystmOne
If a building is out of action and staff are required to move to another location the requirements for continuing use of SystmOne are:
- A network enabled PC/laptop with either SystmOne already installed or the ability to download the SystmOne client from the TPP website.
- Smartcard reader as required (SystmOne can also be accessed by username and password, these details can be provided by password administrators locally at your practice).
- An N3/HSCN connection (can be provided as either a wired N3/HSCN connection, via IP tunnel over internet, SIM card enabled routers, or virtual desktop connectivity etc). Contact your local IT helpdesk for assistance.
- Staff log on with usual user name and password/smartcard and PIN and continue seeing their patients as normal.
Many CCGs already support home working with remote access to systems (as above or remote desktop access) to enable home working/working from local community halls etc. Some have laptops already configured available for distribution.
If staff are quarantined they can access SystmOne from home – SystmOne can be downloaded from the TPP website and installed on the home PC/Laptop, access is via the internet plus N3 tunnel.
If staff are not available then either:
- If appropriate give another organisation user logons to that practice
- Link an out of action practice to a SystmOne GP Hub (which is another SystmOne unit with shared working enabled) which will be able to access all relevant records.
- Access at hub level can be extended to include reporting abilities so that vulnerable populations can be identified for targeted interventions.
Central COVID-19 unit
An additional SystmOne module can be requested and set up at no cost to CCGs/Trusts etc. These can provide SystmOne access where an existing SystmOne unit is not available e.g. to support COVID-19 assessment pods.
This could also be useful where another system used by the organisation has become unavailable as it will facilitate full access to the Airmid platform (see “Airmid” section for this).
Patient Record Sharing
For the few organisations that have not yet enabled the functionality, TPP suggest rolling out and using Enhanced Sharing. Enhanced Sharing supports GDPR data sharing for direct patient care. This makes data accessible between multiple SystmOne organisations that care for the patient.
The SystmOne Shared Hub provides a network of SystmOne organisations with a separate SystmOne unit allowing clinicians from multiple organisations to view patient information. The solution allows full read/write access to all relevant records.
Access at hub level can be extended to include reporting abilities so that vulnerable populations can be identified for targeted interventions.
Shared Admin allows separate SystmOne organisations to share a varying degree of administrative and clinical work, including appointments, rota templates, visits, audit trails and patient records.
Remote booking allows an organisation to make their appointment slots (contained within specified rotas) available for neighbouring organisations to book into.
Airmid - Patient App functionality
TPP has developed a new patient-facing app ‘Airmid’ for iOS and Android platforms. The app has extensive functionality including appointment making, medication ordering, record access, patient data entry and push notifications.
Airmid is now available to download for both Android and Apple platforms. The app includes:
TPP Video Consultations
- Inbuilt video software
- Appointments can be made for video consults
- Doctor can launch the call directly from the SystmOne appointment ledger
- Patient is assured that caller is a clinical professional
- Consultation details are recorded within the SystmOne record
Push notification and targeted data collection
- Identification of patient cohorts using functionality such as ‘Clinical Reporting’
- Push notifications can be sent to that cohort in bulk as a list action
- Data entry templates and questionnaires can be created and pushed to the patient
- Data entered by the patient can be incorporated into the mainstream clinical record (e.g. for use in clinical decision support).
- Airmid integrates with Apple HealthKit and Google Fit
SystmOne Interoperability with EMIS
SystmOne interoperates with various clinical solutions. Most notably record access and appointment booking is already achieved with sites that utilise EMIS. This interoperability can be enabled in any SystmOne module and any new module that is set up as part of the COVID—19 response.
TPP supplies EPR Core to 47 Acute Trusts. This allows clinicians to view the patient primary care record. Where practices use SystmOne the whole patient record is available; where practices uses EMIS the GP Connect FHIR based HTML record is viewed.
The system has now been updated to support the recent SNOMED CT release for COVID-19. Please see the “PHE Syndromic Surveillance & TPP” section for the full list of these codes.
The Resource Library (System > Resource Library) is available for sharing and downloading content generated by organisations using SystmOne. Some content relating to Covid-19 has already been published and may be of use to you.
As and when NHS bodies advice suppliers to create and publish system-wide content TPP will ensure relevant content is made available to all users and further notices will be published.
SystmOne’s existing functionality supports centralised activity reporting. This can be used to get a morning status report for any coded information recorded in SystmOne in any care environment.
Localities can use the CCG/Trust reporting unit to run reports across an area. This can be used in conjunction with Organisation Groups functionality if you want the reports to focus in on specific organisations. The report will supply information added to the system any time before 17:00 the previous day.
Examples would be – How many COVID-19 codes were recorded in SystmOne in the 24 hours prior to 17:00 yesterday? How many anti-viral prescriptions were recorded in SystmOne in the 24 hours prior to 17:00 yesterday? Etc.
PHE Syndromic Surveillance & TPP
TPP transfer an anonymised, aggregated data set on a daily basis to PHE’s real-time syndromic surveillance team (ReSST) from consenting GP practices. This system allows the ReSST team to monitor the number of visits to GPs for known clinical indicators and perform detailed analysis.
There are already well-established indicators for tracking influenza-like illness, upper respiratory tract infections, and pneumonia. The system has now been updated specifically to support the coronavirus pandemic, utilising the recent SNOMED CT release for COVID-19.
For information on the latest codes available to support COVID-19 response, please refer to SystmOne Notices. The results of the ReSST analyses are included in a weekly publication from PHE:
How to enable these Services
Usernames and password – Contact Local IT support
Network enabled PC/laptops – Contact Local IT support
Remote N3/HCN connections – Contact Local IT support
COVID-19 unit - Call the TPP Deployment team on 0113 2050082 to request a unit.
SystmOne installation file - https://www.tpp-uk.com/resources
Patient record sharing - User guide available within SystmOne: Help Menu > Support and FAQ > Documents and training guides >
eDSM Training Guide Non-GP
Enhanced Sharing Training Document V10
Shared Working - User guide available within SystmOne: Help Menu > Support and FAQ > documents and training guides> Shared_Administration functionality guide
- GP Hubs User Guide
- Call the TPP Deployment team on 0113 2050082 to request any units required.
Patient App - User guide available within SystmOne: Help Menu > Support and FAQ > documents and training guides> Airmid SystmOne User Guide v1.8
EMIS interoperability - User guide available within SystmOne: Help Menu > Support and FAQ > documents and training guides> SystmOne-EMIS integration training guide
EPR Core deployment
EPR Core - Call the TPP Deployment team on 0113 2050082 to request a unit
If a CCG/Trust reporting unit is required, please phone the Deployment team on 0113 2050082.
User guide available within SystmOne: Help Menu > Support and FAQ > documents and training guides> Organisation_Groups